East or West, home is best – that’s why your mother can cook the best food in the world. However, if you really want to try other types of food that your mom can’t cook, then this article is written just for you.
Traveling to other countries might make you confused because of many factors. It might require you some preparations so as not to get lost not only in finding ways but also eating right kinds of food to enjoy the best cuisines in the world. In this post, we will list down some of the most famous destination for your food tour so that you can at least plan your food trip and know what is best to eat and drink within your budget. In addition, what food to avoid buying is also needed to know so as to get rid of some awkward situations that might happen on your trips.
So let’s get started and see where are the best destination for food! However, this is not a rating list, you can follow this or not because this is just our personal collection!
This country is very famous for the myth about gods and goddesses as its food culture. In general, you can try anything here without being afraid of the weird tastes. The food is various and delicious as well. You can try dishes from salads to soups, or some kinds of bread. They are all marvelous.
If you want to dig deeper into the traditional cuisines of Greece, but you don’t have too much money, then souvlaki is definitely the best choice for you. This is the unique Greek fast food that can be found anywhere in this country – from the streets to bars, stalls or even coffee shops.
If you are invited to a Greek party, don’t hesitate to try moussaka. It is a traditional kind of cake that is made from lamb mixed with many types of herbs, cheese, milk and oil. Once you have a piece of it, you will never forget. It is most delicious when home – made.
Here are some phrases for you when in Greece:
- Greek salad: You can call it “salad” in Greece.
- Souvlaki: It is the marinated pork in Greece that is grilled or fried. You can look for it anywhere in this country
- Drinks: ouzo, tsipouro
There would be no words to describe the beauty and unique of Italian cuisine, one of the best food cultures in Europe. That’s why you should taste it for yourself. The colors always presenting at an Italian dish are yellow, red and green – one of the best combination of flavor and taste. Basically, the taste of the dishes is formed from tomato, bread, and types of oil – mostly olive oil.
In fact, people in Italy don’t use too many cooking techniques in their food, unlike French or Spaniards. That’s the reason why the food can keep its freshness and original tastes.
Here are some phrases for you when in Italy:
- Pizza: there are many types of pizza here, so if you don’t know how to order, just call a Margherita or Quattro Formaggi.
- Pasta: choose the Pesto or Carbonara
- Panna Cota: this is considered one of the best desserts in the world
- Drinks: red wine, white wine, and sparkling wine. If you can’t drink wine, then call a limoncello or San Pellegrino water.
This is one of unique food cultures in Asia, and also one of the most famous food tour destinations for tourists around the globe. Thai food is very colorful, full of energy and varied in flavors. The basic ingredient in Thai cooking is rice and types of noodle.
Though there are many types of food here in Thailand, you can taste 5 main flavors: sour lime, savory fish sauce, salt, sweetness and hot chili. So be careful when buying any food if you can’t eat anything that is too salty or too spicy.
Here are some phrases for you when in Thailand:
- Tom Yam Goong: one of the best soup here. This soup is made of Kalgan, claim, chili, shrimps, cream and lemongrass. This is the unique street food in Thailand that you must try first once setting foot in this country.
- Pad Thai: If you don’t want to eat rice, this is the alternation. Pad Thai is stir – fried rice noodle dish with tofu and eggs.
- Drinks: the most popular drink here is beer. It is very cheap and tasty when using with food. If you don’t like beer, try Sang Som – a local type of rum.
You will never find any food cultures that have the similar feature with Japanese cuisine. They are unique and one of a kind. Japanese people respect the food quality and assume that the food is the best when eating raw. Behind each cuisine is a whole story about the traditions and culture.
In Japan, you must know how to use chopsticks. This is not optional; it is compulsory because more than 90% of the food is eaten with these utensils. I know this is very hard, but once you know how to use chopsticks, nothing can hold you back in discovering this unique Asian food culture.
Here are some phrases for you when in Japan:
- Tempura: Japan is not only about sushi and other types of raw food. Deep – fried food in this country is considered world – class.
- Wagashi: sweets in Japan, often sold as street food
- Soba and Udon: types of noodles in Japan
- Drinks: when in Japan, you should try to drink Sake because it is very tasty. If you want to dig deeper into the tradition of this country, use tea.
Well, I think we haven’t known many destinations for food yet, have we? If you want to know more, you can take a visit at my blog and see what you can do with your own food tour. Let’s make our list longer with you own experiences!